Delightful on pasta, your favorite grain, such as quinoa, or on grilled fish or chicken. Also a beautiful sandwich spread!
- 2 cups (about 20 leaves) roughly chopped fresh sorrel, ribs removed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves (if you don’t have parsley, just add a bit more sorrel)
- 2 fat garlic cloves, roughly chopped (you can also use garlic scapes!)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan*
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (if you like pine nuts or walnuts use them instead)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil (add more as needed to achieve desired consistency0
Blend in food processor starting with sunflower seeds, cheese and garlic, then add oil and greens. Add more oil if desired.
Store in covered container in fridge and use within three days or freeze in muffin tins or ice-cube trays for use later.
*Note: Ricotta cheese can be used for a more creamy texture.